The Yoda Speak / Yodish Generator, or English to Yoda Speak Translator
Back to the Generator
The change history is more extensive but I only started archiving it all at the earliest date shown.
- 2010-08-17: I figure it's worth throwing some adsense in the mix, and with that I've slightly rearranged things a tad. However, an overhaul of this whole site's interface is in the works. It's long overdue a fresh new look!
- 2010-07-19: Cooee another 12 months have passed. It's nice to see the site become so popular! I've added extra functions to help me manage the place. Also this month sees the official release of YODA for TOM-TOM devices!
- 2009-07-06: Well hasn't it been a while? I finally got round to making this site more dynamic, using the combination of technologies now fashionably-titled AJAX. The 'Yoderisings Count', 'Latest Result' and 'Wisdom Box' will now stay bang up to date before your very eyes.
- 2008-08-07: Yodaspeak.co.uk seems to have become a tad more popular lately. I'm receiving a ton of reports, most of which are utter rubbish to be honest. ;) I've seen "I love you" and "Hello" and "How are you" too often to care for! I've got a log of changes to make and I'm not seeing anything new I'm unaware of, so for the foreseeable future I'm removing the report function. And, again, thanks to the regulars and to those of you posting links, by the way. I do notice. :)
- 2008-04-22: Yeah, two days short of a year since the last important change. :) I have a backlog of reports to follow. Meanwhile, I've altered the Google gadget code so that its use also updates the latest result and count above. I figured it might be interesting to see the effect of this change. Thanks to the regulars and to those of you posting links, by the way. I do notice. :)
- 2007-04-24: If you shout too many characters, the error now tells you how many characters you need to lose for your pearls of yoda wisdom to be accepted. Aren't I good to you? And it's payday tomorrow.
- 2007-04-19: Countdown to Talk Like Yoda Day improved - it adjusts to your local timezone. I think. A bit hard to test, this one. Is it pay day yet?
- 2007-03-22: Altered the force-o-meter-izer-tron so that it only detects dark/light criteria just the once. You'll have to be a little more inventive now. ;)
- 2007-02-13: Finally got around to making sure the 'likes' work okay. You know, "I like Darth Vader", or "She likes to eat sponge".
- 2006-11-09: I noticed that starting a clause with 'as well as' kinda screwed up a bit. It took some playing about but now there's a few terms which will be recognised as the beginnings of a sentance or a separation of clauses.
- 2006-09-06: If you plop 'when' in the middle of a sentance, you'll now get produce better results than before, but if you want better then be aware of the clause guideline (see TIPS on the left)
- 2006-08-17: I noticed that starting a sentance with 'since' didn't work as well as it could. It works much better now.
- 2006-08-08: More work on the Wisdom Box - Commando Aman seems a regular user, figured it'd be fair if the wisdom box remembers names. To stop it remembering your name, clear the box the next time you speak. :)
- 2006-08-07: And another bug squashed. That one was eradicating your name from the shout, if you used a name. That should be the last of them!
- 2006-08-07: Whoops... had a bug in the shout box that prevented submissions containing apostrophes... I should know better.
- 2006-08-01: Tada! Now, shoutbox, we have. To leave feedback I fancied another way for people, and to spam or flame if anyone tries, be yodafied with potentially comedic results, it will.
- 2006-06-05: Added a few more word strings so questions starting with 'Did you', 'Did I', etc. works properly.
- 2006-05-12: Altered the removal of the word 'please'. This word is taken out because it doesn't seem to be in Yoda's vocabulary, but 'pleased' could be. If 'Please' is the first word of a sentance, it is chopped off.
- 2006-03-08: Included 'over' in the final experimental list of word strings to catch a very popular English sentence. :)
- 2006-02-27: Use of speech marks (double quotes: ") should no longer be a problem!
- 2006-02-22: Included a check for people who don't use spaces after their sentances. ;o)
- 2006-02-13: Reworked the stylesheet and HTML a little. Added a countdown to 'Talk Like Yoda Day'. Improved the punctuation inclusion function and question detection.
- 2006-02-06: Finally got paragraphs working.
- 2006-02-06: When you use 'Report You Must', you will get a list of warnings that may help you understand why the Yoderising didn't work.
- 2006-02-05: Added a grammar check - if probably forgetting to use apostrophes on terms like "won't", you now get a warning.